Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can I remove an external hard drive disk and place it into another external H.D. case so I can retrieve data?

I dropped my external hard drive. Some of the components no longer work. Couldn't I just remove the data disk and place it into a simular case so that I could retrieve my data?Can I remove an external hard drive disk and place it into another external H.D. case so I can retrieve data?
yes you can change the enclosure / case. but if the hard disk itself is damage the case is irrelevant. no matter which case you use, you'll still get the same result since the internal part of an enclosure just consist of converters and fans.Can I remove an external hard drive disk and place it into another external H.D. case so I can retrieve data?
Yes, but if you dropped it... it is probably not going to work too well. Make sure you get the right external case for IDE or SATA drives, 3.5 inch or 2.5 inch.
Yes you could.
Yes you can as answers above said.


If the disk layers in the drive are damaged and unable to retrive data, then no possible way to do that.


Coz it is not the case that holds your data. It's the memory in the disk.
if the drive is not already dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment